Exhibitor Spotlight- Lucideon
Tuesday, 6 June 2023
As a development and commercialisation organisation, Lucideon specialise in the research, implementation, and scaling-up of novel technologies. Whilst we work across a variety of industries including healthcare, construction, energy, and aerospace, our roots are in ceramics. Together, this gives us the cross-sector experience and skills needed to understand a clients’ product inside and out.
We aim to help our clients overcome the materials challenges their businesses face in a world demanding ever more environmentally focused application of materials resources and energy. As a trusted ceramics and materials science partner, we’re aiming to make the world a materially better place.
Our technical staff’s breadth of expertise allows us to see a given project from a bird’s eye view, bringing a degree of lateral thinking and problem-solving expertise to our clients’ materials challenges. We’ve used this in applications ranging from using novel Flash Sintering techniques in the joining of dissimilar materials, to deploying our MIDAR® geopolymer material in nuclear waste encapsulation.
We’re building a range of new capabilities through our association with The AMRICC Centre, including the development of a ceramic kiln capable of operating using hydrogen. We’ve conducted successful trials at 20% hydrogen blend and are working towards 100% hydrogen. The potential of this technology for reducing greenhouse gas emissions is very exciting, and we’re glad to be bringing it closer to reality.
During the show, we’ll be showcasing our expertise in:
- Hydrogen firing (net zero and sustainability)
- Filter material development
- Reducing environmental impact
- Manufacturing process optimisation
- Additive manufacturing (AM) process optimisation
- New tile product development
- Earthenware product performance development
- Ceramic matrix composites (CMC) development
- Enhancing battery materials performance and optimising manufacture
- Novel bioactive glass for consumer health
- New method for predicting bone cement product failure
You’ll find Lucideon on stand 1838 in the MICG Pavilion at The Advanced Ceramics Show.